Universal Capacitive Readout
The Universal Capacitive Readout IC (MS3110) is a general purpose, ultra-low noise CMOS IC intended to support a variety of MEMS sensors that require a high resolution capacitive readout interface. The MS3110 requires only a single +5VDC supply and some decoupling components. No additional components are required.
MEMS sensors (such as accelerometers, rate sensors, and other sensors that can be modeled as variable capacitors) require a readout electronic interface that can sense small changes in capacitance. The MS3110 is capable of sensing capacitance changes down to 4.0 aF/rtHz, typical.
The MS3110 interfaces to either a differential capacitor pair or a single capacitive sensor. A high-level voltage output signal that is linear with full range of sense capacitance is provided.The MS3110 also includes an on-chip capacitive DAC (up to 10pF) for initial differential adjustments and/or for quasidifferential operation with a dummy capacitor. The MS3110 has provisions for trimming the gain and output offset. Bandwidth is also user programmable. An on-chip EEPROM is provided to store trim and program settings. An UCR Development Board is available for chip evaluation.
Applications Features and Specifications
- Pressure Sensors
- Accelerometers (low g)
- Velocity Sensors
- Rate Sensors
- Fluid Control
- Touch Sensors
- Flow Sensors
- Motion Sensors
- Gas Sensors
- Capacitance resolution: 4.0aF/rtHz
- Sensor modes: single variable or dual differential variable
- On-chip dummy capacitor for quasi-differential operation and initial adjustment
- Gain and DC offset trim
- Programmable bandwidth adjustment 0.5 to 8kHz (9 steps)
- 2.25VDC output for ADC reference/ratiometric operation
- Single supply of + 5.0VDC
- On-chip EEPROM for storage of settings
- MS3110BDPC-USB (Eva.l Board)
- MS3110P - 16-pin packaged SOIC
- MS3110D - Bare Die.
To view Various UCR applications see link: